Thursday, June 13, 2013

Amazing day!

Hello! This is my first time blogging from my phone, so please forgive me if this post is a little funky!
So, yesterday was terrible. I woke up late, my hair looked like crap. I threw on a maxi dress, cardigan, earrings, started to brush my teeth in the bathroom and walked and finished in the kitchen....as if those few steps would save me time? Who knows!? And I put make up on in the car...
Sitting at the first stop light (because, obviously I hit every.single.one.) I realized that my dress was navy blue and I was wearing a black sweater...ugh...I thought the dress was black when I wore it to work last time so maybe I can pull it off in the lighting at work...
As soon as I walked in the revolving door at work our sweet receptionist told me that I looked pretty today! I smiled and said thanks! But all that ran through my head was ...Oh, sure I could walk in with poop on my face and in my pajamas and she would say I looked pretty, she is too sweet...
Later as I ran through the halls - so as few people as possible would see my outfit - another kind lady stopped me and said that they loved my dress... so I smiled and said thank you. As soon as I got back to my desk I texted my boyfriend and told him I had been complimented twice... because he obviously got a text from me whining about how much my outfit sucked.
I ran to the warehouse on the other side of the building quickly and a guy in the warehouse said I looked nice...and the guy next to him agreed! I smiled and said thank you! 
Maybe I really need to be a little less hard on myself! Either way, the compliments felt great and when I got home all I could think about was what I was going to put together to wear today. Something that took some effort. So, I picked out some things and tried them on and with the help from Ja'Maia, settled on red pants, black and white polka dot tank, and a black blazer with white piping and black patent leather peep toe booties. Oh, jewelry of course!
Everyone and their momma liked my outfit today. People were talking about my red pants all day! Talk about a confidence booster!
Also, this week I have been stressing about one thing in particular ans tomorrow was "d-day" and I was dreading it... until 2:00 pm..I got a call from the boyfriend with AMAZING news. My day was made and nothing could bring me down... and still can't!
Xo Breanne
pants - New York and Company
polka dot tank - old (seriously, 4 years old)
black blazer - (thrifted)
watch - Fossil (handed down)
necklace - gifted from the boy

No comments:

Post a Comment