Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fall Fashion - Top It Off

Hello! I can't express how ECSTATIC I am that fall is right around the corner. I LOVE summer, but fall holds a special place in my heart.. mostly for these reasons: 




I.LOVE.FOOTBALL!! 

and I.LOVE.LAYERS! I can't wait to pull out all of my fall clothes!

I have complied a list of fall fashion staples to take with me when I FINALLY go shopping! Today, I want to cover tops for fall weather.

No. 1 - Plain white tee
I know most people already have these in their wardrobe, and I have a long sleeve and short sleeve, but i am looking for something different, like this one from Express

This one from JcPenney is cute with the subtle sequins. And this one from JcPenney, as well:

No. 2 - Skin toned camisole
These are perfect to go under your plain white tee, or anything white for that matter, and they come in just about any skin tone. 
Spanx Trust Your Thinstincts Camisole - Nude M Assets By Sara Blakely Chic Peek Camisole, L, Nude, 1 ea
                      Dillards                                    drugstore.com

No. 3 - Black Cardigan
This is such an important piece for fall, as it is so versitle. You can dress it up with black pants, a burnt orange undershirt, pumps and a statement necklace or down with dark denim, white tee and converse with basic jewelry.
This one from express is so gorgeous! This leather front one from J.Crew is to.die.for!!! 

 Collection leather-front merino cardigan

No. 4 - Classic white blouse
When I went to college I was told to make sure I had a crisp white blouse in my wardrobe - I didn't think I would actually use it - but I am so glad I had one. You can dress them up or down, they are an easy staple piece to make yourself look pulled together for an interview when you may have had too much fun on 'Thirsty Thursday' the night before. Now that I am in the working world - I don't think you could ever have TOO many white blouses! There are so many styles that you could wear a white blouse everyday for what seems like months and not repeat a style! This one from Express has my heart!
Drapey crepe henley tunic Swiss dot tuxedo shirt
J.Crew                                             J. Crew

No. 5 - Solid sweaters
These are definite must! Color options are endless - go with what looks good on your skin! Most people like a piece that pops, but with a solid sweater the color alone can make it pop, you can throw a leopard collared shirt underneath for a smaller pop, a white one to make the sweater color pop more, or wear with just a cami underneath. Literally, I will spend the majority of my fall shopping budget on solid sweaters: lightweight and heavy knit that can transform into winter attire.
  lagarconne_FINAL
    American Eagle                    La Garconne

Women's Drop-Shoulder V-Neck Sweaters
Old Navy     
                                                                

Well, that is it for part one of Fall Fashion must haves - check back for tomorrow's post on another fall must have... bottoms!!

Xo Breanne


No comments:

Post a Comment